Nautica by ShadeArt
The ultimate, side post parasol with vertical, hand crafted, laminated
timber mast. Each unique piece like fine furniture.
ShadeArts' flagship side post (cantilevered) parasol or
umbrella is best compared to fine furniture. It was initially custom designed
in 2010 for a renowned super yacht client and since sold to discerning
commercial and private clients the world over. Nautica is both
beautiful and functional with each unique piece crafted in the UK from hand
selected premium timbers, marine engineered stainless and high strength alloys.
Nautica is made from a vertical laminated
timber mast which is mated to a hand polished 316 marine stainless boom. This
fusion of timber and marine steel provides a beautiful and proportioned frame
of great strength and flexibility.
The canopy frames are
made from high strength marine grade aluminium and 316 stainless steel,
ensuring that every element is highly corrosion resistant. Canopies are
hand tailored in the UK from Europe’s finest fabrics and come in a selection of
sizes, shapes and colours with options including 360˚ rotation, heating,
lighting, and branding.
Nautica is assembled
and dismantled with one bolt and ShadeArts' unique bayonet system, which allows the canopy to
be removed and stowed with ease. The custom mirror stainless winch and
internal cabling is also a work of art.
All aspects of Nautica are designed to the highest
quality with each piece, subtly unique. We proudly offer the ultimate,
side post parasol.
Links to other side post
parasols manufactured in the UK by ShadeArt:
- Nautica Tubular premium
vertical slim stainless-steel mast with
>80 fabric canopies
- Nautica Marine premium hand
polished or satin stainless steel with >80 fabric canopies
- Storm S wind gust rating to 70 mph/112kph with
tension membrane canopies
- Terrafirma Single stylish laminated timber
and stainless steel with >80 fabric canopies
- Tellus Tubular slim vertical stainless-steel
mast with optional articulated boom
- Handcrafted in the UK from the finest materials
– stainless steel, hand selected timber
and marine anodised alloys.
- Shapes -
Square, Rectangle and Octagonal
- Sizes –
Square from 2.0 to 4.0 metres, Rectangles from 2.5 x
1.88 to 4.0 x 3.0 metres and Octagonal from 2.5 to 4.0 metres.
- Canopy Styles – choice
of plain (with or without a valance) or optional louver panelled, and wind
vented plus linking gutters for multiple parasols.
- Custom Timber Mast options – from hand selected, Red Sapele – Iroko – European
Oak - Walnut, Burmese Teak, and American Ash - surcharges apply
- Colours – 12 standard plus >70
optional – see fabric download for detail.
- Ease of assembly –
takes about 10 to 15 minutes to bolt the mast to a pre-installed ground anchor
or pedestal base, then attach the boom and wigwam.
- Easy to operate –
a bespoke stainless gearbox with internal cabling makes for easy opening and
closing of the canopy.
- Safety – removable handle and safety
pin to prevent unwanted tampering.
- Sun & Rain protection – excellent levels of protection from harmful
UV rays and ShadeArt canopies are
also highly water resistant.
- Fabric quality –
premium quality solution dyed European acrylic canvas guaranteed to retain 80%
or more original colour for a minimum of 5 years.
- Corrosion resistant - durable laminated timber with alloy core and
marine grade stainless steel connections and boom with marine anodised aluminium
- Easily stowed - in high winds or for winter
storage, simply lower the wigwam, fold, and strap the canopy, undo bolts, turn
to detach and lower.
- Optional 360˚ rotation - to tune the shade throughout the day.
- Optional Branding –
email your artwork and we will arrange your canopy or valance logo during
- Optional Heat, Light and Sound
- Permanent or portable – ShadeArt parasols
are fastened to ground anchors or pedestal bases. We can also customise most
- Spare parts and canopies – always available – SHADEmakers UK are still servicing parasols we sold 18 years ago.
- Designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom
SHADEmakers UK, we take considerable pride in our sales and after care service.
We strive to provide clients with ongoing service long after their purchase. We
are still supplying clients with spares and tailoring canopies for parasols we
sold 18 years ago. Our UK team are capable of servicing, repairing, and
refurbishing anything we sell. Try us.